FOODIE: YARD SALE

How lucky am I that Southern Living is located right here in my city! Southern Living, Costal Living, Cooking Light, MyRecipes.com and Oxmoor House decided to open their annual "Prop Sale" to the public by creating the first ever Foodie Yard Sale. I was so super duper excited about this sale and once I saw the media marketing for the sale I just knew I had to go! They advertised pots, gadgets, cookbooks etc. all boasting prices  as low as 2 bucks for cookbooks and 50 cents for utensils/gadgets. All proceeds from the sales  benefited The Greater Birmingham Ministries to buy fresh veggies for their food pantries! 



Check out my Foodie Yard Sale adventure after the jump!



My  Foodie Yard Sale adventure 
began around 5am. Yep, I couldn't sleep because I thought I would be late! The sale began at 7 am at our local weekend market so I decided to arrive around 6:00- 6:30ish.  Well, to my surprise, when I arrived a line had already formed. 

I took my place in line and not long after a nice lady  came down the line and handed us each a numbered sticker. I was feeling confident that I would be among the first shoppers through the door as I received the number 42! I figured the first 50 would get the honor of being the first shoppers. 

The line behind me had grown tremendously and had poured out into the street and beyond my vision. It wasn't until the woman came back and announced that they would be letting in 40 shoppers at a time. My foodie heart sank... no way was I getting that skillet I saw on the local news the previous weekend. 

Sure enough as I watched the first group  go in I saw them taking full advantage of having first dibs at all the amazing goodies. To be so close but not close enough... le sigh. 

However, once the first shopper, a gentleman with a boxed coffee maker under his arm, emerged I was allowed to enter. No pan for me but I did get some pretty neat finds in the hodgepodge of items left. Check out my scores below!



Cooking Light Way To Cook Vegetarian Cookbook -$2.00
West Elm Bell Butter Dish $2.00
Stainless Steel Scooper -$1.00
2 Mini Muffin pans- $1.00 each


I spent a total of 7 bucks for my finds and I'm pretty happy with them. The last thing I needed to do was to pick up a bunch of stuff that I really didn't need to clutter up my counter even more!
Unfortunately, as this was the first time this event was open to the public there were some unhappy shoppers. Being #42 in line and the first person in the second wave of shoppers(number 40 and 41 were a couple so they let them go in together) I can feel their pain. However, I've never been so excited about such a unique opportunity. The event raised close to 3 thousand dollars for a very worthy cause and I can't wait to see how this event grows in the future!




BONUS LOOK:
I had to give ya'll a close up of this beauty.  This is a piece by one of my favorite home stores... Yep you guessed it! West Elm! It's the Bell Butter Dish  from last fall that retailed for around 16 bucks and I got it for 2!







No comments:

Printfriendly