THE RËVIEW: DEPALMA'S

When it comes to Depalma's Italian Cafe, I am biased. Just wanted to get that out of the way before I begin this review.

This is my absolute favorite restaurant and I cannot figure out how after living in Tuscaloosa for almost 5 years, I did not partake in the luxury of DePalma's Italian Cafe until after I had moved away.



















PRE MEAL: SPINACH & ONION BREAD STICKS

DAILY SPECIAL: LASAGNA

AMBIANCE/SERVICE: Nestled on a corner in Venice... ok... ok.. tucked in a corner in downtown Tuscaloosa, Alabama, DePalma's features a quaint dining room filled with wooden tables, dim lighting and an open kitchen. 

I have never had to wait over 10 minutes to be seated but seeing as though it is about an hours drive from my home, I would obviously happily wait longer. (I'd suspect Game Day waits may be a bit longer) The waiters are prompt to attend and are very knowledgeable about the menu and its endless possibilities. Essentially, you can build your own Italian feast or partake of the daily specials.  





















MY FAVORITE DISH: Pasta DePalma
Angel Hair Pasta baked in a rosemary cream sauce. 
Topped with mozzarella and chicken.


MENU:  From fillets to pizza and of course fresh pasta, there is something for everyone on the DePalma menu.
Some of my favorites include the Pasta DePalma the Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo and the  Shells Florentine! My go to pizza is the Pesto Chicken Pizza and there is no way I would leave the city limits without getting dessert!  

 DESSERT: DePalma's White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Before experiencing bread pudding at DePalma's, I was not a fan of the traditional dessert. DePalma's however, changed my life! This dish features a fresh baked crusty bread pudding served warm and topped with raspberry and chocolate sauces, it is literally to die for!





VERDICT:
You already know what I am going to say ... and you are missing out if you don't take my word for it!


DePalma's Italian Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Printfriendly