DËSIGN MASHUP: DIY ACRYLIC FRAMED SCARF




INSPIRATION:
1.FRAMED HERMES SCARVES: EMILIA de PORET
2. DIY LUCITE FRAME:RAIN ON A TIN ROOF
3.CUSTOM LUCITE FRAME: HONEY & FITZ


SUBSTITUTION:  Of course I was absolutely in love with the Hermes Scarves featured in Emilia Poret's home tour! I mean I literally dream in one color... "Hermes Orange". However, it seems as though my bank account does not contain "Hermes Coins" so I searched and searched and searched for a budget friendly substitution. Thanks to my knack for online shopping, I got a great deal on this silk Versace scarf!  

PATIENCE: I'm the type of DIYer that's either totally obsessed or totally over it! Inspired by  the clean and modern look of acrylic framing, it was the brass hardware that made this project a must!  After scouring etsy for acrylic framing kits, I realized the hardware (brass standoff bolts) were going to be a challenge to secure. With long wait times and etsy shops on hiatus I went back to the net to find a suitable alternative. I came across  Rain on A Tin Roof 's DIY Lucite Frame for their witty poster and off to the hardware store I went for brass screws and bolts!          




VOILA: After a few trials and errors... 
1. I tried using magnets (Honey & Fitz) to hold the scarf flat - ended up using double sided tape.
2. Drilling the holes for my screws and bolts one piece at a time - ended up snapping one corner of acrylic. Thankfully I had enough wiggle room to have the acrylic cut down.

I am totally in love with my new wall art! Versace dreams aren't so bad after all! 

What's your favorite DIY? Leave a comment or a link so that I can check it out!

UPDATE:
Super excited to see my DIY posted on the SAKS OFF 5th Instagram page!     



No comments:

Printfriendly