FOODIË: SMOKED PAPRIKA WINGS

SMOKED PAPRIKA has quickly moved to the front of my spice line up! When I combined my favorite comfort food, chicken wings, and my new favorite spice, I figured out why that chicken crossed the road!


























INGREDIENTS: WHOLE OR SECTIONED CHICKEN WINGS. OLIVE OIL. SMOKED PAPRIKA. CRUSHED RED PEPPER. GARLIC POWDER. ONION POWDER. DRIED PARSLEY. FRESH LEMON ZEST


Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheet or roasting pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper yields an easy clean up, however I found that my wings crisp faster without the parchment! 






















TOOLS: ZIP LOCK BAG. PARCHMENT PAPER. COOKIE SHEET OR ROASTING PAN

Wash and pat your wings dry before placing them inside of a ziploc bag. For this batch I used approximately 2lbs of chicken wingettes.












POUR: 1 tbsp. of olive onto your wings. Pour your seasoning into your bag as well. I used around 1 tsp of each seasoning but feel free to adjust the seasoning measurements to suit your own taste.  



CLOSE:  your ziploc baggie up. You'll want to let out most of the air and make sure your bag is sealed to avoid your wings flying away! Once sealed, shake and mix up the bags ingredients until your wings are coated.























PLACE: your wings on your parchment paper and put them into the oven for 20 minutes. I bake my wings first to insure that they are not mistakenly under-cooked under the guise of the  broilers  rapid browning.  At the 20 minute mark flip your wings over and set your oven to broil to crisp up your wings. Keep an eye on them to avoid over crisping. Once you achieve the crispiness you are looking for flip them again to make sure both sides crisp evenly. I pull my wings  out  of the oven around  the 5-8 minute mark. Your finish time will depend on the size of your wings, electric vs gas oven, the placement of your oven rack etc. It's a little trial and error on the crispy factor but you better believe it's worth it!

Plan on making these super fly wings? We'd love to see them! Send us a picture or hashtag us on socialmedia #canuemaginefoodie 

No comments:

Printfriendly