The Review: Simplehuman Trash Receptacle


I was super excited to get new trash cans a few months ago! I had been weary about purchasing trash cans for several reasons! 1. The clean up: Living in a condo I don’t readily have access to a garden hose and large outdoor space to wash out and maintain the cleanliness of trash cans. 2. Frequency in emptying the can. I was priorly using large trash bags… I know… I know… not very good house keeping. But with me having to load my trash on the elevator and walk it across the parking lot to the dumpster, I was trying to make as few trips as possible! Check out my review of my super cool simplehuman trash receptacles!

Read my review after the jump!

Now about my new cans! On a visit, my mother, after noticing my trash bag strategically placed on the far side of my island, declared that I needed to get some trash cans and pronto! First stop, a local chain grocery/home goods store. I knew I wanted stainless steel but I also knew I wanted something sleek and visually pleasing. The cans there had stainless bodies but the lids and foot petals were all made of black plastic. No bueno.




So back to the drawing board I went! I searched the web and found exactly what I was looking for. The SimpleHuman trash receptacles were perfect! I identified a carrier as the local Bed Bath and Beyond and went to check out their selection! OMG a wall of perfect trash containers! I couldn’t choose, but the prices quickly helped me! I was super in love with the recycling and trash combo but it was out of my budget. I decided on the 50 Liter Rectangular Finger Proof Brush Stainless Steel can for my kitchen and the 10 Liter Semi Round Step Can for my restroom.









Likes: Beautiful cans, not hard to clean outwardly, smooth opening and closing lid. No odor leak and the can liner tilt is helpful when changing the trash bag!












Dislikes: Cleaning. The top of my kitchen lid inside has rusted. I’m guessing from items that have splashed on the lid during disposal.  It holds in smells which is great but they are hard to get rid of once you remove the source. The bag change… there is a built in button designed to hold the lid open while using the can liner tilt function unfortunately it doesn’t always work as described. Not a natural fit for non SimpleHuman trash bags. Doesn’t hold as much trash as my regular trash bag method!





Verdict: I think the SimpleHuman is simply a good trash can. It does what trash cans of its price range are supposed to do and it looks good doing it! If you have the extra cash and coupon discount it’s worth the purpose. I’ve now got my eye on the SimpleHuman Dish Rack via One Kings Lane in bamboo… how gorg is it!



No comments:

Printfriendly