THE RËVIEW: FIVE



THE BAR: FIVE Bar  Birmingham is nestled in the bustling Lakeview restaurant district. Known for its simple menu (take note Cheesecake Factory)  you can visit one of their five locations found in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and most recently Tennessee!












YOSHIE'S CHICKEN:

Soy-ginger seasoned Sriracha aioloi












AMBIANCE: I’d visited the restaurant once prior to this review and I have to say it’s such a hipster spot! Its corner location and open café features make up for the parking challenge (valet is offered). The lighting was dim and the whimsical over-sized chalkboard menu was a nice touch. Bar, booth   and table seating inside and on the  patio are available.  



SERVICE: On my first visit, a Friday night dinner, the restaurant was packed but the hostess sat us quickly and our waiter was more than attentive. We had a little one in our party and our waiter was more than happy to put in a special kitchen request for toasted bread to suit the mini palate! I grabbed an after work snack for this visit and with such pleasant weather it was a treat to be seated near the large open doors.







PIMENTO CHEESE  N "JELLY":
pimento cheese five pepper jelly toasted crostinis

















MENU: The concept of 5 is a simple menu. With its 5, snacks (appetizers), entrée’s and red and white wines, the minimalist menu does not affect the food quality!   5 also has nightly entrée specials such as  Shrimp Rigatoni, Crab Cakes and Ms. Anne’s fried chicken and they top of the menu with a dessert of White Chocolate Bread Pudding!


VERDICT: 5 is definitely on my frequent visit list. Though the menu choices are limited the portions and the flavor are more than accommodating. On my dinner visit I ordered the panéed chicken with mac and cheese and the portion was so generous that I had lunch for the next day. The chicken was awesome and while I wasn't a fan of the mac and cheese I've noticed it's currently being replaced with mashed potatoes. I have to admit  I also devoured one and a half orders of bread pudding! With friendly and efficient staff, good food and a cool venue to match 5 gets a high 5!
FIVE - Birmingham on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Printfriendly