FOODIE: WHITE WINE CHICKEN PASTA

A sauce can make or break a dish! I know I find myself pondering if I should serve a new sauce on the side or take the risk and pour it on top! While I definitely have my favorite jar sauces, I was looking to branch out to something a little different than my usual tomato sauce or béchamel. I scoured the web  for the perfect white wine sauce for my chicken pasta. I have to say I struck gold when I came across the Cafe Vita blog and their White Wine & Garlic Cream Sauce recipe! The recipe is super easy and I made a few adjustments to my taste!

OLIVE OIL. BUTTER. MINCED ONIONS. WHITE COOKING WINE. FRESH BASIL

Melt your butter in some olive oil on medium heat. Add in the minced garlic and onions and sauté until translucent. Pour in your white wine and cook until the wine reduces by half. 
CREAM. GROUND BLACK PEPPER. FRESH BASIL

Reduce the heat and add  in your cream,  herbs & ground pepper. I got a little excited and added my fresh basil while the wine was reducing!
Remove your pan from the heat and stir in some shredded spinach. Give a little taste test and add additional seasoning if needed! 
I used my sauce to top off some chicken tenderloin that was sautéed in olive oil and herbs. Angel hair pasta with fresh chopped roma tomatoes served as a base for my chicken and sauce. You can easily substitute the pasta for a ravioli or penne. Go meatless and omit the chicken and add some zucchini!  The possibilities are endless!

SPECIAL THANKS TO CAFE VITA FOR THE INSPIRATION!

INGREDIENTS:
CAFE VITA: White Wine & Garlic Cream Sauce
  • 2 tbsp butter  (I halved the butter and added a little olive oil)
  • 1 clove of garlic, crushed and minced ( & minced white onions)
  • 1 1/2 cup white wine (I love Reese Vintage White Cooking Wine)
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • Salt and fresh ground pepper ( omitted the salt)
  • Tarragon or other herbs of choice ( added a little shredded fresh spinach and fresh basil)

No comments:

Printfriendly